CASE District V has three primary scholarship programs related to its annual conference. They are the Advancing Diversity Program, the Student Scholarship Program, and the Newcomer's Fellowship Award.
The Advancing Diversity Program
The Advancing Diversity Program offers up to three $1,000 scholarships to advancement professionals of diverse backgrounds for the purpose of attending the CASE V 2018 Annual Conference.
CASE V invites each educational institution that is currently a member of CASE to nominate one individual from their institution. Each applicant must be:
- Asian, African American, Hispanic, Gay/Lesbian, Native American, or Pacific Islander
- Employed by a CASE V educational institution
- Employed in one of the three professional areas of advancement: alumni relations, communications/marketing or fundraising.
Student Scholarship Program
CASE V offers individuals currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student a unique opportunity to receive financial assistance to attend the December CASE V District Conference and the Institute for New Professionals. The CASE V Student Scholarship Program helps prepare undergraduate and graduate students for careers in institutional advancement (alumni and/or constituent relations, development, and communications).
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a CASE member institution within District V
- Be affiliated with some aspect of the advancement program at his/her institution (e.g., employment in one of the professional areas indicated above, or participation in a student alumni or foundation organization)
- Be interested in pursuing a career in the advancement field
- Have a sponsor who is associated with the applicable institution
Newcomer’s Fellowship Awards
CASE V offers those individuals with two years or less experience in advancement a unique opportunity to receive financial assistance to attend the CASE District V Conference and the Institute for New Professionals. Up to six newcomers to institutional advancement will receive fellowships. From this group, three will be selected to receive named fellowships.
A development newcomer will be named the Vaughn Dann Fellow, an alumni newcomer will be named the Ray Willemain Fellow, and a communications newcomer will be named the Illinois College Relations Fellow. Each will receive a special recognition award for these three awards, which honor the memory of two of CASE V’s outstanding professionals.
CASE V Newcomers’ Fellowship applicants must:
- Hold an advancement position at a CASE member institution within District V
- Have been employed in advancement for two years or less at the time we receive your application
- Have never previously attended a CASE V Conference
- Have the ability to attend both the Institute for New Professionals and the CASE District V Conference